The Long Island Junior Soccer League Player Development Initiative is a truly unique and remarkably effective Development Program that makes full use of on field playing time that focuses on providing all players the opportunity to gain confidence with the ball.
Our Clubs youngest Developmental Age Groups are coached in weekly consequence-free games while competing against neighboring Community Clubs.
Providing the right environment and platform for players of this age is very important to foster a love for the game which in return, keeps the kids playing and enjoying soccer for years to come.
Due to the unpredictable and unreliable nature of the Local Division systems (pre-travel leagues), in which the Win-At-All-Costs mentality prevails to the detriment of all of the children’s development, this model will be utilized for our 1st/2nd grade players. The Carle Place Soccer Club is committed to facilitating the formation of teams that compete in leagues that are best suited to the needs of the players.
LIJSL-PDI Program Highlights
- Open to players of all abilities in 1st grade and 2nd grade
- Emphasis is on player development
- Small-sided games (4 v 4 No GK) against teams from other clubs
- Includes training sessions run by a professional trainer from One Goal Sport
- 4- 12 minute quarters
- Kick ins instead of Throw ins
- No score keeping or win/loss standings
- Fall and Spring sessions
- Sunday morning/afternoon games usually between 9am and 1pm
- Some Travel to nearby towns.